- Hitomi is Japanese and lives in Karlsruhe.
Why does she like working at EDI?
- New ideas are valued regardless of staff experience
- She can fill many different roles: marketer, photographer, UX researcher and UI designer
- Work is done in an agile way with a one-week sprint
- People can choose where they want to work from: home office or office
What are her tasks?
- UI development for the IoT framework EDI hive
- Front-end development for the EDI website
- Performing UX quality gates for EDI hive and the EDI website
- Drawing story boards that visualise a client's current and future process
- Writing user stories that serve as the basis for further development of the software
- Communicating with colleagues via Slack and Discord
Her path to EDI:
- She meets Thomas and Mohanad in 2018 at a bar in Osaka, for which she works as a web designer and photographer
- She stays in touch with Mohanad, who is looking for a UI designer
- She completes the Google UX Designer Course
- With a working holiday visa, she then works for EDI on a trial basis
- She liked it and has stayed in Germany